• What sort of information we gather.
• Do we share that information.
• How you can limit our sharing of information.
What sort of personal information does Intex gather from its customers?
The information that we gather helps us to serve our customers and continually improve our services. We gather only the information that you give us. We receive and store the information that you enter on our website. We also enter and store information that is given to us by phone or by fax. You can choose not to provide certain information. However, by omitting information, you may not be able to place an order and we might not be able to communicate with you or properly service your request or order.
You must be 13 years old or older to shop on our site. Accordingly, we do not knowingly collect information from children under the age of 13. If we become aware that we have inadvertently received information from a child under the age of 13, we will delete such information from our records. If a child has provided our website with personally identifiable information, we ask that a parent or guardian contact us.
We will never request your password, user name, credit card information or other personal information through e-mail. This practice, called "phishing", is a scam designed to steal your personal information. If you receive an e-mail that looks like it is from us asking you for your personal information, do not respond.
Intex does not require that you accept cookies; however, some functionality on www.intexstore.com may be disabled if you decline to accept cookies. You can set your browser to notify you when you receive a cookie, giving you the chance to decide whether or not to accept it. "Cookies" are files stored on your computer's hard drive by your browser. These cookies help us identify our customers and optimize their shopping experience. They do not include any data that will identify you personally. They will, however, allow you to use some specialized features. Cookies also allow us to hold selections in your shopping cart when you leave our site without checking out. Most browsers accept cookies automatically, but allow you to disable them if you wish.
The "help" portion of the toolbar on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie or how to disable cookies altogether. However, cookies allow you to take full advantage of our website's features, so we recommend that you leave them turned on.
If you provide our website with your e-mail address, you may receive e-mails from us. If you do not want to receive marketing or promotional e-mails from us, please click here. You can also click on the unsubscribe link in any promotional e-mail we send you.
Does Intex share the information it receives?
Intex uses information about our customers to serve our customers. We are not in the business of selling it to other parties. We share customer information only as described below, and with companies within the Intex Group of companies.
• Third-Party Service Providers: We work with other companies and individuals that perform services on our behalf. For example, order fulfillment, package delivery, postal mail, email, processing credit card payments, customer service and data analysis. These providers have access to personal information so that they can perform their functions, but they may not use it for other purposes.
• Business Transfers: As the Intex Group of companies grow, we may sell or buy other business units. In these transactions, customer information is generally transferred as a business asset. However, the transferred information will remain subject to any disclosures made in corresponding Privacy Notices, such as herein, unless the customer consents otherwise. In the event that Intex Recreation Corp, or substantially all of its assets are acquired, customer information will be one of the transferred assets.
• Protection of Intex and Others: We will release personal information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law. We will also release personal information to enforce or apply our Conditions of Use and other agreements; or protect the rights, property, or safety of Intex, our users, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection and credit risk. However, this does not include selling, renting, sharing, or otherwise disclosing information that will identify personal details from customers for commercial purposes.
• With Your Consent: Except as set out above, you will receive notice when information about you might go to third parties, and you will have an opportunity to choose not to share the information.
What about links to and from other websites?
How secure is information about me?
• Intex protects the security of your information during transmission by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software, which encrypts information you input. We do not keep your credit card information.
• When we confirm your order, you are issued an unique order number. Of course, we transmit the entire credit card number to the appropriate credit card company during order processing.
• Except for accessing a shipment tracking service, Intex does not link to third parties or other advertisers.
What sort of information can I access about me?
Intex gives you access to order tracking through your first name, last name, and telephone number. Where FedEx or UPS is the delivery service used, you can also track your package delivery by using a FedEx or UPS tracking number.
Intex gives you access to a broad range of information about your account and your interactions with Intex for the limited purpose of viewing and, in certain cases, updating that information. When you update information, we usually keep a copy of the prior version for our records.
Conditions of Use, Notices, and Revisions
By visiting Intex, your visit and any dispute over privacy becomes subject to this Notice and our Conditions of Use. These policies include limitations on damages, arbitration of disputes, and application of the law of the state of California. If you have concerns about the privacy provisions at Intex, please contact us with a thorough description and we will work with you to resolve it.
Our business constantly changes, and our Privacy Notice and the Conditions of Use will need to change to adapt to new situations. You should check our Web site frequently to see recent changes. Unless stated otherwise, our current Privacy Notice applies to all information that we have about you and your orders. We will stand behind our promises, however, and will not materially change our policies and practices to make them less protective of customer information collected in the past without first posting the new policies on our website. To help you track changes, a history of material changes can be found below.
Last Updated May 2011
February 2007 - Original policy
May 2011 – Added information on: use by children, using cookies, phishing, e-mail contact, links to other sites, and how to update information collected.